Educational Qualifications : MA, PhD, Certificate in French Language.
Carrier Profile / Services: (a) Asstt. Professor in the Deptt. of Sanskrit, K.K.Handiqui Sanskrit Govt. college since 2005
(b) Asstt. aparof. in the Deptt. of Sanskrit, Cotton College since 2008..
Administrative Assignments within and outside the institution
a) Activities/Assignments in the University
1. Working as Head in charge of the Department of Sanskrit, Cotton University.
2. Organized a special lecture on “Locating culture in its Material specificity: the Upanishads and
the Puranas” with invited speaker, Dr. Sukanya Sarma, Deptt. of Humanities, IIT Guwahati.
3. Co-organized and worked as a Co-ordinator of an Academic Session of the National Seminar on the
‘Contribution of Anundoram Borooah to the Sanskrit literature’, under the Deptt. of Sanskrit on 21
and 22 May, 12.
4. Organised a Spoken Sanskrit camp in language lab., under Deptt. of Sanskrit, Cotton College in 2012
and actively participated in that camp.
5. In the charge of supervision of Departmental Wall – Magazine ‘Saswati’ from last six years.
6. Appointed as Paper setter, Examiner & Scrutinizer in Sanskrit for the H.S, BA., MA and PhD Exams
for the Evaluation Process of answer scripts from last seven years.
7. Appointed as Cultural in charge & as an expert or judge in different cultural competitions in the
University from last 5 years.
8. Executive member of Cotton University Teachers Association (CUTA).
9. Member of Cotton University Woman’s Forum (CUWF)
b)Activities/Assignments outside the University
1. Nominated as Expert / Adviser for conducting the interview by Assam Public Service Commission to
the various posts of Assistant Professor, for K.K.H.Govt. Sanskrit College, Ghy – 14 under Higher
Education Department, on 26/06/2014.2. Appointed as for Examiner, Degree course under Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University.
3. Appointed as Content Writer for BA 5 th Semester Programme under Krishna Kanta Handiqui
State Open University.